The Sling Method | Gait Analysis
5 Reasons to have a Gait Analysis
1. You are serious about becoming a stronger, faster athlete that’s able to withstand the structural demands of a high intensity or high volume workout schedule.
2. You’re fed up of not reaching your potential as an athlete or are stepping up your speed or distance goals
3. You keep getting injured or have niggles that inhibit you from going faster, longer and limit your consistency.
4. You want to get the best advice based on human biomechanics and physiology for how we as humans, move.
5. Your physical therapist hasn’t helped or just doesn’t seem to know why you keep getting injured
Option 1 – Screenshot Feedback Analysis – $99
Option 2 – Video Feedback & Personal Program Analysis – $329
- Full access to the Runners’ Rehab & The Basic 8 – 8 week course.
- Runners’ Rehab & The Basic 8 training manual
- The Sling Method for Runners 150 page E-book.
- You send us your side and rear view slow motion videos following the instructional video by loading them to a Google Drive folder shared with email@example.com
- We then perform a fully detailed analysis, and create an 8 minute video complete with voiceover, for you to keep, uploaded to a private YouTube link.
- This includes all the relevant screenshots and super slow motion clips to detail out every aspect of your running gait.
- A totally personal 8 week plan of action to assist in fixing your injuries and improving your running.
- A 20 minute Skype video call with Paul Howell to ask questions and help guide you in your process.
- Complimentary access to Class 1 of the online classes ($15 value)
- Lifetime access to The Sling Method private support Facebook group
What do we need from you?
What is the Gait Cycle?
The “Human Gait Cycle” refers to locomotion achieved through the movement of human limbs. Human gait is defined as bipedal, biphasic forward propulsion of center of gravity of the human body, in which there are alternate sinuous movements of different segments of the body with least expenditure of energy. Different gait patterns are characterized by differences in limb movement patterns, overall velocity, forces, kinetic and potential energy cycles, and changes in the contact with the surface (ground, floor, etc.). Human gaits are the various ways in which a human can move, either naturally or as a result of specialized training.
The Sling Method is based in the TRANSVERSE (rotational) plane of motion because that is how the human body moves when we walk, run, and throw. These movements are of the most importance of genetic priority for humans.
It is a simple fact that if we overload the other planes of motion too much then we will inhibit our movement in the transverse plane. In basic terms, this means we are fighting our natural movement patterns and causing certain muscles to over work and the likely result is injury.
When we move in the transverse plane, the body stabilises in the other two planes. Stabilisation and stiffness/rigidity in the muscles of the transverse plane forces these muscles to overwork in an isometric fashion which causes tightness and stiffness when they become overloaded.
The Runners’ Rehab and The Basic 8 takes you through all you need to know to fix your gait biomechanics and to keep them working for the long term.
Stop training your body like a bodybuiler and start training it to move like a human being!