2 Day Masterclass
Who is this Masterclass for?
- Any runner who wants to improve their running and become a more efficient, more economical, and more injury resilient runner.
- Any runner who suffers niggles, injuries, imbalances, postural issues or wants to improve how you move and strengthen your body
- Any runner who has not found relief or got the results they wanted with physio/physical therapy
- Personal Trainers, TCM Practitioners, PE teachers, Medical Doctors, Athletic Coaches, Yoga Teachers, Pilates Teachers, Fitness Instructors, Bodyworkers, All Massage Therapist, anyone specialised in Sports, Physiotherapist, Osteopath Chiropractors, or anyone in a movement and exercise field.
What will we cover in this Masterclass?
- We will cover the entire Runners’ Rehab & The Basic 8 including Posture wraps, torque wraps, body wraps, The Checklist, Self MyoFascial Release (MFR) and running drills (subject to weather)
- We will talk and demonstrate what exercises in The Sling Method are going to affect and fix common postural and movement dysfunctions
- We will discuss and take an in depth look at the fascial lines and the slings to connect them with the exercises and MFR releases
What will the format be for the 2 days?
- Morning Session: 8am-12:15pm
- 45 min lunch break (lunch is on your own, though we may choose to go to a local eatery for those interested)
- Afternoon Session: 1-4:30pm
Day 1 – Focus on the Runners’ Rehab
Day 2 – Recap and finish Runners’ Rehab & Focus on The Basic 8
*We will be working in pairs for the 2 days
What equipment will I need?
Resistance bands will be provided; however, you are very welcome to bring your own MFR tools.
What should I wear/bring?
Comfortable running or exercise attire, as well as running shoes. Check the local weather, and dress accordingly. Also, please bring a water bottle.
How many people will be in the class?
We will be catering for a maximum of 8 people, as we want to be as effective as possible for all attendees
Will I be able to coach and train people in The Sling Method after this Masterclass?
No. This is a class for you to learn the Runners’ Rehab & The Basic 8 and apply it to your training. If you would like to become a Level 1 instructor and be able to coach others in The Sling Method principles, you will have the option to do so at any time before, during or after the 2-day Masterclass and go through the instructor assessment process. *Fees are accurate at the time of printing and are subject to change at any time without notice*
Can I upgrade to make this Masterclass part of my Level 1 The Sling Method Instructor course?
YES! If you want to make this a part of your Level 1 Instructor course training you are very welcome to do so and we’d welcome you on board as a part of the team once you’ve gone through the assessment process. The Masterclass fee will still apply and there will be an additional *$125* payable to achieve Level 1 Instructor status. Extra fee covers the difference between the cost of the Masterclass and the Level 1 instructor course.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
Masterclasses are expensive to create, host, and travel to so we must have a strict policy:
Up to 6 weeks prior to Masterclass date 100% refund (– 5% credit card fees)
Within 6 weeks 50% refund (-5% credit card fees).
Within 2 weeks no refund will be given.